Friday, March 29, 2013

Beauties in Brooklyn


Want to share a few of my favorite quilts now on exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum.  Was greeted by this simple silk rail fence.  The hand embroidered feather stitch was so even that my machine could never duplicate it.




Next...this Chinese coin looks simple, but on closer view one can see that the vertical strips are also many different "coins" in a variety of blacks.






Of course, I was impressed by these tumbling blocks.  I have a long way to go on mine, but it is a lovely journey...




Was totally blown away by the silk embroidery on this Crazy quilt.  These stitchers must have had lots of time ....and servants!

 Will post more photos later....but I first want to thank Victoria, who shepherded us to this wonderful show!  It was a sumptuous feast for the eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am visiting NYC in April and a quick google search led me to this show - now after seeing this post I really will make it a priority! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to go to the show! Those crazy quilts were incredible. You are speedier than me at posting. I've yet to organize my photos from the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did make it a priority to see this show - wowsa! Thanks for posting about it - otherwise I may never have known about it. I too was blown away by that Crazy Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat for you to see these quilts up close - so beautiful! Thanks for posting the photos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment.